Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Raider
wrote:
wrote:
wrote:
255 unbuffed is correct. Want to get 315 buffed (max), and you get 60 from Hunter/shaman buffs.

I was under the impression that Gift of the Wild stacks with everything, making the cap 227 unbuffed.
Should not stack with Aspect of the Wild.

Gift of the Wild does not stack with Nature Resistance Totem at the moment on Lightbringer, but I'm unsure of whether this is correct.

One would assume that Gift of the Wild does not follow standard buff application rules (i.e. should stack with everything) because otherwise it is quite redundant to use it. None of its benefits would be used by those who want its buffs as they'd get it from a better source instead (Elixir of Superior Defense, Juju Power, Elixir of the Mongoose, Prayer of Fortitude, Arcane Brilliance, Prayer of Spirit, Auras/Totems/Aspect/Magic Resistance Potion). Ergo, if Gift of the Wild doesn't stack with anything it's basically useless in hardcore raids.

Regretfully the latest vanilla update of the resistance page on wowwiki has contradicting information on this, claiming both:
Quote:
Resistances are generally very limited in how they stack. The following five sources of resistance are all independent, but whether they stack within each category depends on the category:

Equipped items and enchants all stack
Potions, auras, totems, and buffs all overlap - the maximum will apply
Flask of Chromatic Resistance
Racial bonus (Dwarves have +10 Frost Resistance, Gnomes have +10 Arcane, Night Elves and Tauren have +10 Nature, Undead have +10 Shadow)
For example: A hunter Aspect of the Wild with +60 NR will make any other potions or buffs useless (unless the hunter dies). It will however fully stack with equipment bonuses as well as a racial bonus (Night Elf and Tauren in the case of NR) and a flask.

As well as:
Quote:
Ok, the above is wrong, I'm working on it. --Sabelaide 17:22, 3 September 2006

NOTE: Magic Resistance Potion seems to stack with buffs such as Mark of the Wild, but not paladin resistance auras.

My thought is that Magic Resistance Potion wasn't the one stacking with anything (so to speak) but rather that Mark of the Wild was stacking with the potion and aura used to test this. Regretfully this isn't addressed again until well into TBC (I stopped at the revision made on the 7th of September 2008) so wowwiki can't help us answer this.

If anyone wants to look further into this they're welcome, but I'm fine enough with it not stacking to not bother researching more.
Posted 15 hours ago
List
Undo
Zebo a
Votes:
+62
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Raider
Good info Belz!
Posted 14 hours ago · OP