This is just a simple guide to tell you the best route to take. I understand with starting zones and server pop at launch, you may have to do what it takes to pull ahead of the pack before this becomes as useful.
I recommend joana's leveling guide + the questie addon but feel free to follow this if you want a faster faced yet still enjoyable leveling experience.
(This guide is based off of research and alexensual's guide)
Note : This is designed for horde, since we are a horde guild.
Please remember to do your class requests as you get them. Unless they are really long and pointless ones.
1.Starting Zone. Complete it. (1-11)
2. Silverpine forrest (11-16)
3. Barrens (Upto Camp/Border w/ mulgore) (16-20)
4. Stonetalon/Southern Barrens/Ashenvale (20-25)
5. Thousand Needles (25-30) Fill in if you don't ding w/ RFK
6. Arathi Highlands/Alterac Mountains (30-32)
7. Arathi Highlands/Shimmering Flats (32-32)
8. Desolace (32-33)
9. StrangleThorn Vale (33-35) (NOTE : Don't waste your time doing pages, sell them on AH. If you are getting ganked at emissary say in guild)
10. Dustwallow Marsh/Swamp of Sorrows/Badlands (35-39) <--- I would recommend that order but any work.
11. StrangleThorn Vale (39-40) Pirate quests
Get your mount. You should have enough
12. Ferelas/STV/Tanaris/Swamp Of Sorrows (40-45) If you don't have enough do elite quests in Dustwallow
13. The Hinterlands (45-46)
14. Tanaris/Ferelas/The Hinterlands (46-47)
15. Searing Gorge (47-48)
16. Finish Tanaris/Ferelas/The Hinterlands (48-49) RFD + Zul'Farrak
17. Azshara/Un'goro Crater/Felwood (49-52)
18. Eastern Plaguelands (52-54)
19. Winterspring (54-55)
20. Burning Stepps (55-56)
21. Silithus (56-57)
22. Western Plaguelands (57-59)
23. Alterac Valley (59-60) or if playing from launch, finish all quests you didn't complete and grind.
Congratz on 60.
macro for target health bar text [link]